St. Paul Catholic High School welcomes applications from international students. St. Paul Catholic High School is not a boarding school and we do not provide homestay arrangements. New international students are required to take an E.L.L. (English Language Learners) program provided by St. Paul Catholic High School. We also provide additional supports and resources for international students to achieve academic success.
International students who wish to apply to St. Paul Catholic High School must submit the following materials to be considered for admission:
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION or complete an online Application for Admission
- A COPY OF STUDENT’S PASSPORT
- TRANSCRIPTS OF SCHOOL RECORDS, TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH
- Where English is not the predominant language, a TOEFL, SLEP, iTEP, SSAT, or other Standardized English Proficiency Exam report must be provided.
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, one from student’s English teacher and one from student’s Mathematics teacher or completion of MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH Recommendation forms by student’s teachers.
- Interview via telephone, Skype or in person. Please call or email the Admissions Office to schedule. Acceptance is Conditional for international students until the completion of the F-1 Visa process and the subsequent payment of tuition and fees. Prior to attending St. Paul Catholic High School, students must meet all requirements for immunizations as may be established by the United States, or the State of Connecticut for students attending schools in the United States.
International Student Information
Tuition per student for the 2020-2021 academic year is $16,320 for new international students and $14,620 for returning international students. This includes the Registration Fee, Non-Parish Assessment Fee and the International Student Administrative Fee. iPad, books, and uniforms are not included and must be purchased separately. It does not include the optional bus fee ($925) for transportation from selected towns outside of Bristol or the I-20 Processing Fee ($250).
A non-refundable commitment fee of $1,250 is due by March 1, 2021 for returning students to complete the course registration process. This fee will be applied towards the tuition. For incoming students the $1,250 fee is due at the time of course registration.
ELL (English Language Learners) Program
All new international students are required to enroll in the E.L.L. (English Language Learners) program here at the school for one or two semesters.
Effective April 1, 2011, the Office of Catholic Schools began charging international students $250.00 for the processing of the initial I-20. At this time we will not be charging fees for students already under a current I-20 (no maintenance fee). Students transferring in and students who need changes made to their status (e.g. from Terminated or Cancelled) will be charged the fee as well